District Handloom Officer, Sericulture Farm, DC Old Colony, East Garo Hills, Williamnagar
With a view to bringing closer the District level office of the Department to the people of the District with an attempt to expand and popularize Sericulture in the region, and also for better management and monitoring, the District Sericulture Office was established in the heart of the District Headquarter at Williamnagar during the year 1977-78. The jurisdiction of this Office was the entire East Garo Hills District comprising the 3 (Three) Community and Rural Development Blocks of the District.
1. Samanda C&RD Block.
2. Songsak C&RD Block.
3. Dambo-Rongjeng C&RD Block.
The jurisdiction of the Department comprises the above three C&RD Blocks and consistently dealing with the field activities such as supply of planting materials, dfls, appliances, incentives and equipments and maintenance of the following farms/centres.
1) Eri Seed Farm, Bonegre.
2) Eri Silk Growing Centre, Samanda.
3) Chawki Rearing Centre, Williamnagar.
4) Eri Spinning Centre, Samanda
Demonstration, Training, Production, Sole, etc.
1) Plantation & maintenance of existing plantation of all three types of Sericulture plants namely Mulberry, Eri & Muga plantation
2) Rearing activities of Eri, Muga & Mulberry Silkworm
3) Silkworm seed production & supply of Disease free Sayings
5) Overall maintenance of the centre
6) Area expansion of Sericulture.
7) Raising of Mulberry, Kesseru & Muga Nursery.
8) Demonstration & training on Eri Spinning.
9) Production of Eri Silk yarn by engaging spinners.
10) Make farmers aware about new technologies.
11) Skilled upgradation of stakeholders.
12) Supply of quality seed lings to the farmers.
13) Focus on Women Empowerment as “Sericulture is known as a women friendly occupation”.
14) Implement Government Scheme to the farmers.
15) Organizing exposure visits to sericulturally advanced areas.
16) Conducting awareness programmes.
17) Conducting Programmes for demonstration of Innovative technologies and best practices among the farmers.
|District Handloom Officer||Shri. Deepak Kr. Hajong|
|LDA||Smti. Masilna Sangma|
|Weaving Inspector||Shri. Ershad Hussain|
|E.O||Shri. Bhalang Rani|
|Weaving Demonstrator||Shri. Millison Sangma|
|Weaving Demonstrator||Shri. Prodipson Marak|
|Weaving Demonstrator||Smti. Mellyna Momin|
|Weaving Demonstrator||Smti. Nomitha Marak|
|Weaving Demonstrator||Smti. Indira Momin|
|Peon||Shri. Dromy K Sangma|
|Chowkidar||Shri. Hellarin Sangma|
|Peon||Smti. Pollina Marak|
|Peon||Shri. Clement Sangma|
|Peon||Shr. Arbison Sangma|
|Peon||Shri. Helartson Sangma|
|i/c District Sericulture Officer||Smti.Sanre G Momin|
|Manager,ESF Bonegre||Shri. Charnenko D Sangma|
|Supervisor, ESF Bonegre||Shri. Torello R Sangma|
|LDA||Shri. William A Sangma|
|Sericulture Demonstrator, PEC Samanda||Shri. Joramstone W Momin|
|Sericulture Demonstrator, Rongjeng Circle||Shri. Jewithsen C Momin|
|Sericulture Demonstrator, Muga Farm, Williamnagar||Smti. Ishabelia G Momin|
|Sericulture Demonstrator, Williamnagar Circle||Shri. Uttom D Sangma|
|Sericulture Demonstrator, Mangsang Circle||Shri. Aisten B Marak|
|Sericulture Demonstrator, ESF Bonegre||Shri. Lindush R Marak|
|Sericulture Demonstrator, Samanda Circle||Shri. Amarabindu Hajong|
|Sericulture Demonstrator, ESF Bonegre||Smt. Rowella N Marak|
|Sericulture Demonstrator, Dagal Apal Circle||Shri. Mansrang R Marak|
|Sericulture Demonstrator, ESF Bonegre||Shri. Ameer M Sangma|
|Peon, ESF Bonegre||Shri. Kreddynard M Sangma|
|Peon||Shri. Gabriel Marak|
|Chowkidar, ESF Bonegre||Shri. Principal B Marak|
|Peon||Smt. Marcorina T Sangma|
|Peon, PEC Samanda||Shri. Pallin Ch Marak|