The Department of Labour functions under the administrative control of the Labour & Employment Department. The Labour Commissioner is the Head of the Department. The District Labour Offices are headed by the Deputy Labour Commissioner or the Assistant Labour Commissioner. The main responsibility of the Labour Offices is to safeguard the interest of the working class by ensuring healthy working environment and looking after the welfare of unorganized workers through the implementation of both Central and States Acts.
- Enforcement of Labour Laws.
- Registering & Licensing of Shops and Establishments.
- Registration of Building and Other Construction Workers and unorganized Workers.
- Ensuring payment of wages, safety, welfare to workers.
- Rescue and Rehabilitation of Child Labour and Bonded Labourers.
|Deputy Labour Commissioner||Smt. M.N. Marak||940250193|
|Labour Inspector District labour Office||Smt. Jenny Mary M Sangma||8787815081|
|Labour Inspector Samanda Block||Smt. Chingbe K. Marak||8837088272|
|Labour Inspector, Dambo Rongjeng Block||Shri. Henlybirth M. Sangma||7005208933|
|Labour Inspector Songsak Block||Shri. Sengsrang M. Sangma||9366785790|